Axis Powers Hetalia Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mawaru Mawaru Tewo Totte Wani Natte Rondo!!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  Empty
PostSubject: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014, 8:21 pm

Alright, I have an idea. Please don't just skim this, please actually read all of it. You don't have to click all of the spoilers. Just read the text.

I'm sure this has been tried countless times already, but hey, lets give it a shot. I think we should all gather up on a day at a certain time. Now I know not everyone can be on at the same time and not everyone is in the same time zone. I'm on the east coast of America. Some of you still probably have school, which means the ideal day would be on a Saturday or a Sunday. Sunday mornings don't work since some of you might have church. It can't be too early since some of you on the west coast may still be asleep. It also can't be too late since us on the east coast will be asleep earlier. I know some of you have jobs as well, and since many jobs don't require you to work on Sunday, I think Sunday will be an ideal day. I think the time between lunch and dinner would be appropriate. The gap is wide enough for everyone.

I know most of you don't sit around doing nothing all day. I know many of you have plans. So instead of just one time for us all to meet up, I think it should just be a period of time. So here is what I came up with. Keep in mind that I only did major English speaking nations, so if I didn't include your nation, I apologise. I also am basing most of this around North America since that's where most of us live. I added other nations from other continents just in case they could find a way to join too.

North America

Hawaii Time Zone (HAST) — 11:00-12:00 [11-12]
Hawaii:

Alaska Time Zone (AKST) — 12:00-13:00 [12-1]
Alaska:

Pacific Time Zone (PDT/PST) — 13:00-14:00 [1-2]
**jump forward an hour during DST
Pacific:

Mountain Time Zone (MDT/MST) — 14:00-15:00 [2-3]
Mountain:

Central Time Zone (CDT/CST) —  15:00-16:00 [3-4]
Central:

Eastern Time Zone (EDT/EST) — 16:00-17:00 [4-5]
Eastern:

Atlantic Time Zone (AST) — 16:00-17:00 [5-6]
Atlantic:

Newfoundland Time Zone (NST) — 17:30-18:30
Newfoundland:

Europe

UK Time Zone (GMT/BST) — 21:00-22:00 [9-10]
UK:

Oceania

Australian Western Time Zone (AWST) — 05:00-06:00 [5-6]
Australian West:

Australian Central Time Zone (ACDT/ACST) — 06:00-07:00 [6-7]
Australian Central:

Australian Eastern Time Zone (AEDT/AEST) — 07:00-08:00 [7-8]
Australian East:

New Zealand Time Zone (NZDT/NZST) — 09:00-10:00 [9-10]
New Zealand:

The spoilers underneath tell you which state/province/country is in that time zone, just in case you don't remember your own time zone. Every state/province/country/etc who observes DST (Daylight Saving) must jump forward an hour during that time. That way, those who don't observe DST don't end up waiting another hour for those who do observe it to come. DO NOT add an hour to the times above if you do not observe DST. Otherwise, you'll end up an hour late.

Also, here are some maps of time zones if necessary.

Africa:
Asia:
Canada:
Europe:
Oceania:
South America:
USA:

The reason why I think this will work is because I want it to be a weekly occurrence. Every Sunday at these times. If we can do that, maybe the site's traffic will rise and maybe the site will be revived. That is only if everyone tries, though. If you read this and you don't really visit the site but once a month because of lack of interest, I'd appreciate if you'd at least come one Sunday. Maybe if enough people are on, you may change your mind and you may want to come back more often. Please don't just skim this and then decide you won't join. I spent a solid FIVE HOURS, no exaggeration, make this post. I researched so you didn't have to. I did that to improve the chances that so nobody would turn away at the idea only because they had to research their time zone. I know all of you may think this is a fruitless attempt and that no one will show up. If everyone thinks that, no one will show up. Just try. If you're busy with something at the time, it's alright. It's a solid hour of time for you to at least try and check in with the site for a minute.

One of these days, the site will be back to normal. I know it. I feel it. I promise myself I will NOT stop trying to bring this site back. So what, I'm not an original member? That won't stop me. If we all work together, we CAN bring the site back. And by work together, I don't just mean sit at your computer, scrolling through tumblr with the site on another tab. I mean if we all post on roleplays together, talk on the chatbox, and try to find ways to contact other members of the site and get them online.

I don't expect all of you to come online the Sunday coming up in a day or two since this is such a short notice (although I'd like you to try). As a matter of fact, I might not get a chance to be online then. Maybe the following Sunday or the Sunday after that. Make multiple appearances.

I appreciate it, guys. Thanks for reading this through. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, post them.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm

whut?
Back to top Go down
Oklahoma

Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  EmptySun 22 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm

((Sounds like a great idea! Though it makes me wonder when this'll all kinda.. Come up to plan. Like you said, there ARE some people who only get on like.. Once a month and just don't care the rest of the time. I'd like to see the site get revived, too, since this is basically the only Hetalia RP site I've found that wasn't restricted by things like "Happy literacy = Paragraph responses" or something like that. Hopefully we can put this into plan soon, though. -I'm in CST, by the way-))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014, 6:09 am

I think this is a good idea too, but as I live in the CET zone, it will be kind of difficult for me :/ I'll try to come, but no promise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014, 7:21 am

This is a great idea!My time zone's Central European btw~It's pretty close to UK's(GMT/BST) so i'll manage somehow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm

Oh, alright. If anyone wants a time change, we can come up with a new idea.

Sorry for the long wait. I won't be online tomorrow. This Sunday May be a challenge for me to get on. Next Sunday, I'll be at the beach. I'll try, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This    I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This  Empty

Back to top Go down

I'd Appreciate If Everyone Would Read This
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axis Powers Hetalia Roleplay :: OOC :: Random Chat Forum-
Jump to: