Axis Powers Hetalia Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mawaru Mawaru Tewo Totte Wani Natte Rondo!!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spanish-American War

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
America

America

Spanish-American War Empty
PostSubject: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

American and Spanish tensions were going stronger and more conflicted. What caused this was America's new interest in one of Spain's colonies named Puerto Rico. He didn't know what it was, but he wanted her, it would be one of his territories and he would make sure that Spain knew that America could take whatever he wanted. She was warm, not just her weather, but her personality, and also would attract many tourist, which is what he liked the most. Spain. He was a different story, he was much, much older than America was, but in the past years lost a lot of his power, but that didn't make him any less experienced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 8:54 pm

Maria has been very stressed out as of late. Her father Spain and her neighbor America seemed to be on the verge of going to war. The tension between the two nations had both her and her siblings who were still under Spain's control on edge. On one hand they could be freed from their father and no longer be his colonies. But what would America do to them? Make them his colonies, his states? Maria was scared of what would happen, but she and her people were going tired of Spanish rule. However Maria knew she couldn't gain her freedom on her own, she was only a small island colony, what could she do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

Spain furrowed his brow and bent over his table, looking at the letters that were presented to him. This can't be... he thought. He knew that the tension between he and America had been growing the past couple of years due to their fights over territory--it was understandable. America was young and had recently gotten power; he was obviously using that newfound strength to appease his greed and desire for more. However, this time, Spain has had enough.

He crushed the letter in his hand, crumpling it into a ball and flinging it to the floor. He stood up and faced the cross that hung upon his wall, uttering a silent prayer before he left.

No one touches my darling Puerto Rico. He thought, as he kneeled before the cross and headed out the door. Esto significa guerra... Estados Unidos.*

---------------
*This means war, America.
Back to top Go down
Illinois
Admin
Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm

The sight of America and Spain at war, was a living hell for Illinois. All on her mind was if he would come back wounded, or worse. America had told her nothing about the war, all she knew about the war was he was fighting for a territory called, Puerto Rico. She has heard America talk about her. She seemed like a nice, warm-hearted. She would pray, day and night hoping for the safety of others. "God...please protect the people of the world..." Illinois prayed, trying to hold back her tears. Illinois, only being a state, there was nothing she could do. The only thing she could do is, watch..
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

America had went to Puerto Rico on official business, not letting any other countries know he was actually going there. He knocked on Puerto Rico's front door in hopes that she would answer the door. He knew she was probably scared about all the growing tension between Spain and him over her, but that's the reason he was there. He stood there in a suit, wanting to look attractive to convince her but also professional. His plan was to woo her and sweet talk her into coming with him, about all the nice things she could have, and all freedom he would promise to her people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

Knock,Knock!

Maria looked up from the book she was reading, she took a book marker and placed it in her book before closing it and putting the book down on the sofa. She stood up and walked over to her front door, when she opened the door Maria saw a familiar face. It was America, but why was he here? 'He's probably looking for Papa...' She thought with a sigh. Looking up at him Maria noticed he was sharply dressed, more perfessional then the last time they had seen each other. A faint blush rose to her cheeks when she asked "Hola America, why you here?" Maria still was still learning to speak and read English, however she isn't doing so well. She can under stand more than she could write or speak the language. "Tu quierdas hablan con mi Papa?"

*You want to speak with my Papa?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 9:41 pm

He's taking radical measures... Spain thought as he recalled the contents of the letter. Apparently, some of his men had noticed America spying and sneaking around for quite some time now. It was only until recent that they confirmed his true motives.

He walked down his corridors with the thought of Puerto Rico in mind. He had to get to her as soon as possible. From now on he was going to have to keep her in his house and watch her at all times--at least until he was able to successfully fend America off. He clenched his fists, as he the thought of Puerto Rico being taken away from him crossed his mind. A tight feeling spread through his chest with each step, strengthening his resolve to take action. I raised her myself. I watched her grow into the beautiful girl that she is now. I can't... I won't give her up. As he walked out his door and went through his garden, his eyes fell on a specific flower--the hibiscus. He went up to it, and picked one out, as it always reminded him of Puerto Rico. He sighed and held onto it, hoping to give it to the one he had always thought of as his beloved.
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 10:03 pm

America fixed his tie and shifted a bit nervously, hoping that his attempts to 'woo' her works. He flashed her a smile when she answered the door, nervousness forgotten and now just wanting to persuade. He knew how Spain felt about his colonies and would probably just let Puerto Rico if she wanted to leave with America. He said, "I just wanted to visit you is all...and maybe talk about the tensions between Spain and I." he thought her accent was kind of cute, and her English was going good so far and said, "You're looking really nice, it's been awhile since I've seen you." he blinked in confusion when she spoke in Spanish, and frankly, he barely knew any, but the word 'papa' he knew and continued to smile, "Papa? Oh you mean Spain?" the name Spain said with more venom than he meant, "No, I actually came to talk to you." the weather in Puerto Rico was hot and he was beginning to feel the heat of the small island under his suit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 8:59 am

Maria frowned at America, from the Venom in his voice when he said Spain and his poor language skills. She shook her head and sighed. "Come in, you to hot, si?" Maria asked and turned around to lead him inside. "You want to drinks?" Maria looked back at America, he may not like Spain or speak their language, but arleast he was trying to talk this through instead of just going straight to war.
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

He noticed the frown and mentally cursed at himself. He might have no like him, but saying his name like that, and with that tone, was a big 'no' because she probably still like him. She called the man who raised her 'Papa', and America disowned England and only called him brother, he doesn't even call him that now. America continued to smile at her and said, "Yeah, it's defiantly hotter than my place, but I like it ." he took the coat to his suit, revealing a white dress shirt and suspenders. Once let inside he looked inside, it was very nice and homey, unlike his home, his main home was in D.C but he traveled to other states and lived there when he wanted to, and so didn't have time to get comfortable. He liked it, and it Puerto Rico certainly didn't seem like a bad place to live. He was snapped out of his thoughts when asked if he wanted something to drink and said, "H-Hm? Ugh, yeah sure! A drink sounds awesome thanks." continuing to smile at her. She seemed like she would be hard to convince, but with the right motivation, she would surely leave Spain, and belong to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 8:09 pm

'America seems a bit distracted today.' Maria thought as she went into the kitchen and grabbed to small glasses and a bottle bottle of her favorite spiced rum. She smiles at the sweet smell that came from the alcohol, then putting two things of ice in each glass before heading out of the kitchen. "Rum es good,si?" Maria asked before leading America into her living room,sitting herself on the sofa and motioning him to sit next to her before putting their glasses on the coffee table. "So, what do you want to talk about America? I know you not here as un touristo."
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 9:43 pm

America stood there while she went to go get something to drink. Stuffing his hands into his pants pockets and looking around some more. She came back and regained his smile saying, "Rum's good, yeah, thanks." America followed her, and sat a far enough to give each other space. He picked up the glass and chuckled saying, "Nothing gets past you huh?...Well, ya know about growing tensions about me and Spain right?" he was going to try a sugar coat it as much as possible, but try to convince her to be on his side on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm

Maria nodded and took a sip of her rum. "Si, Papa has been getting stress out." She looked down at the rum in her glass "He already lost mi other hermanos, he's scared he'll lose me, Cuba,Guam and Phillipines..." She sighed, closing her eyes, remembering when she told Spain about when she first meet America. He was furious at the news, Maria always was frightened by her father's rage. "A-Re y-you work out problemas?"
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm

America was going to make himself look innocent and make Spain seem like he was the villain and he smiled, "Of course, I don't wanna start fights, what kind of hero wants to do that?" scooting a bit closer, "I know what it's like to be under someone's control and it's nice at first, but then they end up smothering you, and not wanting to let go." he had to sympathize and convince her it was for the best, "I can give you freedom."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm

"Freedom?" Maria asked as she looked up at America. It would be nice to be free, but she wasn't sure if she could all on her own. But then again, America did it, so he could show her the ropes. "Y-you could?" Maria bit her lip "But I don't want to make Papa Upset or hate me..." She shook her head, trying not to get upset herself.
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 10:36 pm

America continued to smile reassuringly at her and nodded saying, "Freedom, and I'd help you along the way." she sounded like she wanted it, now all he had to do was give her a little push and convince her all the way. He had done it, but not without the help of France and Prussia, but they had only given him a few tips. Independence was hard, but once he had gotten it the freedom he received was sweet and he had grown into one of the fastest growing country's the world has come to know and he was still growing. His new attained power left him craving for more of everything. More minerals, more land, more people, more money, more everything, he wanted it all. He would try and sweet talk his way into trying to take other people's land as well giving him a good name, and claiming himself to be the hero. America smiled and said, "I won't be so mad, Spain seem like the kind of guy to hate over wanting freedom. Look at Romano, he let him go so easily and I'm pretty sure they still keep in touch right?" he needed to snag her and maybe turn her against Spain and said, "I'll be right behind ya 100%, don't worry about it, you just have to side with me and make Spain knows it." smiling at her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 11:02 pm

"T-True, but L-Lovi lives much closer to Papa. They not far apart..." Maria but down her glass and started to fidget with hair, a habit of hers she had since she was a child. "He lives so far from me, and I supply him with cafe y azucar.....and I have ports to.." Maria mummbled, and glanced at America gave him a an anxious look. She was getting really worried about his proposition. What Spain say to her, what would do to her? Would he snap back to his conquistador days........probably...."N-No...,." She shivered "H-he w-would...oh Dio!" Maria shivered inwardly and shook her head, dispelling any ideas of Spain's retribution. Looking back at her American neighbor she said. "You don't know what Spain can do when he gets mad. You were to young to know or remember when he fist got to new world."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 8:28 pm

I am definitely bringing Maria with me. Spain sighed and got onto his ship, completely dressed up in a classic Spanish attire. A frilly shirt, tight pants, and a traditional hat. He was also holding up a bouquet of Hibiscus flowers that he picked himself, and his guitar slung on his back. He plucked the strings and tried to practice a little, but his fingers began to tremble. Why am I so nervous? He clutched hard onto his guitar and sighed, leaning against one of the ship's posts. He had never felt this way before, going to Puerto Rico's house. He would visit her often and spend the time there for days, even weeks at a time... but this time around, it was different. He had to tell her how he felt, before it was too late.

Te quiero... MarĂ­a. No voy a dejar que nada te pase.

-----
*I love you... Maria. I won't let anything happen to you.
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 9:05 pm

America continued to smile and said, "Me and England live pretty far from each other, but it's for the best I guess." America noticed that she began to play with her long dark hair and thought the small habit was a bit cute, unable to read the atmosphere, he didn't know it was out of anxiety. America said, 'Doesn't mean you can never visit him again, right?" America blinked in confusion, "No?" what was better than and easy promise to freedom? He was practically going to be doing all the work. And then he saw her panic and grew very concerned, what had Spain done in the past that made her this way, he shouldn't have felt concerned, but he did, and didn't know why. He put his hands on her shoulders and saw, "Whoa, calm down, what's wrong?" did he say something? He gave a sympathetic look, "I might not know so much about Spain, but the way you reacted wasn't a good thing." he sighed, and looked her in the eye, "I can help you...and make sure whatever he did never happens again.....it's a hero's promise." giving her a 'sincere' smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

She shook her head. "N-No necesario America....Spain treats me well now, just not when he es muy mad..." Maria continued to play with her hair, twisting and twirling her hair in one big lock. "Papa will get mad if I go. He stubborn man, even if you keep promise." She took a deep breath and looked at America's sincere smile, it seemed so kind of odd he would be so willing to help her out. They haven't known each other for a long time either, yet.....it was kind of sweet of him to go through the trouble to. Maria gave him a small smile, feeling a bit more relaxed. "America, even if I said yes...I would still need to see if that's what mi people want. It would not be fair,no? If not for them I not be here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 8:43 pm

Spain was nearing Puerto Rico's place, and he felt a tightening in his chest. He couldn't understand it. Was he afraid of confessing? What if Puerto Rico only ever saw him as a father? What then?

Spain sighed and clutched onto the flowers, simply hoping for the best. If Puerto Rico couldn't return his feelings then he would take it like a man, and continue treating the other nation as his beloved daughter. He would continue to do his best and give her everything, to make her feel like she is everything in his eyes.

On the other hand, he wasn't sure if what he was afraid of was something bigger than all that. A huge pang of dread filled him once he saw Puerto Rico's little island. Something's not right... he thought. Someone was here, before me.
Back to top Go down
America

America

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

America was getting more annoyed each time she said 'no', but he kept his smile, "but don't ya ant freedom, England was but eventually he raised taxes on everything and it was harder to get independence, I almost lost." he gently put a hand on her shoulder, "I don't want it to be so hard on you, so let me help you, get freedom that your people deserve." He grinned and said, "Of course your people are gonna say 'yeah' it's freedom, they have more opportunity, and get cool stuff, have your own culture instead of sharing Spain's!" he got excited of the freedom, he just loved being his own person and not being to depend on anyone besides himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 9:57 pm

Maria looked at him with a blank expression. "My culture?" She chuckled a little "My culture is a mixture of my mother Taino and Spain's culture. Without his influence I would only have the scarse remains of my mother culture, so few of my people know of the old ways..." Maria narrowed her eyes at America "You still have some of Britain's influence in you, along with many other cultures." She picked up her glass and finished her rum off in one gulp. "And another thing America. Don't tell me what my people want, when you know next to nothing about us...." Maria let out a sigh a shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanish-American War   Spanish-American War Empty

Back to top Go down

Spanish-American War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axis Powers Hetalia Roleplay :: Archives :: Old Topics-
Jump to: